Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
...for using up leftover cooked yams from Thanksgiving. For a savory biscuit, omit the sugar.
Make and share this Cinnamon Yam Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, (sugar,) baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Stir well. Cut in butter using a pastry blender until the dough is crumbly.
- In another bowl, beat the yams and milk together until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture. Add more milk if necessary to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out on a floured surface and pat to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into 3 inch circles. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 18-21 minutes or until golden brown.