Recipe by Brenda.
A delicious sauce spooned over fresh fruit. Try spooning over fruit topped poundcake as well. I found this recipe on the evaporated milk can.
Top Review by mums the word
I would say 3 1/2 stars. I thought there was too much cinnamon flavour (and I usually love cinnamon) but it seemed to be overpowering on the fruit. I would definitely try this again and reduce the spice. Nice texture. Thx for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 cups fresh fruit, cut into bite sized pieces
- ground cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon sticks in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Cookover medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil and slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat and remove cinnamon sticks; stir in vanilla.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until well chilled.
- Arrange fruit in serving dishes.
- Top with sauce and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Refrigerate leftover sauce up to 4 days.