Recipe by Lainey39
This creamy, sweet frosting begs to be slathered on carrot cake or banana bread. But, if frosting shots are more your style, it's also delicious on its own. Consider dusting the shots with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Top Review by Chris from Kansas
This frosting is fantastic! My daughter made (cut in half) for a recipe of cake balls and it tasted amazing. Reminded me of a cinnamon roll. Looking forward to trying it on other things too. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
- Use an electric mixer with the whisk attachment on high to beat until well mixed.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and mix on low until just incorporated.
- Increase speed to high and beat until thick and smooth.
- Note: Frosting can be refrigerated. Allow 10-15 minutes after removing from refrigerator before proceeding.
- Transfer the frosting to a large plastic bag or piping bag fitted with a large icing tip.
- Pipe the frosting into small paper muffin cups, shot glasses or onto spoons arranged on a serving platter.