Recipe by Charmed
A twist on the traditional cinnamon toast, this is a really yummy treat, even more decadent if you make it using both sides of the bread. You can use any type of bread you like, but it's especially good with my Bread Machine Cinnamon Sugar Bread, Cinnamon Sugar Bread, Bread Machine
Top Review by cookingpompom
Ever had a sugar craving and you just need a small something? This is it! I used my hot sandwich press and it could not be easier. Just wipe over the press while still warm to clean it easily (not hot or turned on). Thanks for the recipe Charmed!!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (more to taste if desired)
- 1 slice bread, any type
- 1 -2 teaspoon butter or 1 -2 teaspoon margarine (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together well; set aside.
- Butter one side of the bread and sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- (You will probably have more cinnamon sugar than you need; save remainder for another use.).
- If desired, repeat on the other side of the bread with more butter or margarine and cinnamon sugar.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Lay the prepared bread slices on the hot skillet and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the bread is nicely carmelized; be careful not to burn the bread.
- If you have only prepared one side of the bread, turn for about 30 seconds or so until just lightly browned; serve.
- If you have prepared both sides of the bread, turn and cook the other side for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until that side is nicely carmelized and serve.