photo by Nimz_
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 slices dried beef (hormel in the jar)
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Pound out chicken breast to a 1/4 inch thick.
- Place 2 slices dried beef on chicken and roll up.
- Wrap 1 slice of bacon around chicken and put into a large casserole dish.
- Melt together the cream cheese and soup.
- Pour all over chicken.
- Cook uncovered at 300 degrees for 3 hours. (Don't cheat on the time; it really does change the taste).
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I did cut this recipe in half when making it & made one small change with the bacon (a change reached after reading the review by ~Nimz~! I partially fried the bacon but left it soft so I could wrap the chicken with it, then followed the recipe the rest of the way! Turned our absolutely great, & I now have a great new way to serve chicken breasts! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
I'm not leaving any stars because I think my experience with this recipe is a total taste personal preference and I think 4 five star reviews back that concept. The chicken turned out so moist and tender with the long cooking time, but we just didn't care for the dried beef and chicken combination. The bacon really didn't get totally cooked either. The last 20 minutes I turned the oven to 400 to crisp the bacon and to cook some garlic bread but the underneath portions didn't get done. Thanks for sharing. Made for Gimme 5 :)
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>