Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was thrilled when I found this recipe in a Kraft Food and Family magazine. MIL will often make these when DH's friends come to visit. Quick and easy, this will become a favorite of all ages. Note: Wonderbread tastes best.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F Mix cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and egg yolk with wire wisk until well blended. In a separate bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Flatten each bread slice with a rolling pin. Spread one side of each slice evenly with a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and tightly roll up each slice. Brush each roll with butter and dust with cinnamon sugar. Slice each roll into 3 pieces. Place each piece, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
These were good. I had a hard time rolling the bread slices and then slicing them without them coming unrold. I think it just might take some practice but as far as taste goes, they were yummy and a great breakfast for my 3 year old son. Thanks Hadice!