Recipe by Mims & Squims
Serve these warm with a little butter, and the streusel is mouth-watering.
Top Review by blakely.mortvedt
The muffin itself was good, but we used a streusel recipe from another recipe, because there's no way to make a crumbly streusel out of melted buter. Maybe I'm missing something... Like I said though, the muffin itself was good. I used my 3oz. scoop and it made a dozen muffins.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup light margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup light margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, allspice, & cinnamon.
- Add egg, milk and margarine.
- Stir wet mix into dry ingredients until just mixed. Do not overmix.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 1/2 the way full.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over muffin batter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until done.