1/2 Photos of Cinnamon Roll Cookies
24 hrs 15 mins
One of my all-time favourite breakfast pastries, turned into a cookie! Somewhat bastardized from the LCBO magazine, using cream cheese in the dough (instead of in a frosting) and a tangy buttermilk drizzle for appearances.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup barley flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3 (1 g) packets stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces shortening
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2Whisk together flours, stevia, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- 3Cream cream cheese, shortening, sugar, buttermilk and vanilla until fluffy.
- 4Beat in dry ingredients.
- 5Divide in half, wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour before rolling out.
- 7Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- 9On a lightly floured surface, roll out one piece of dough into a large rectangle (about 1/8 - 1/4" thick). Spread half of the filling evenly over rectangle.
- 10Roll up from the long side. Repeat with second piece of dough.
- 11Wrap each and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- 12Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 13Rolls into 1/4" thick slices and place 1" apart on sheets.
- 14Bake, one sheet at a time, for 15 minutes. Cookies will be just starting to turn golden.
- 15Cool completely on the sheet before removing.
- 17Whisk together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- 18Drizzle over baked cookies and allow to set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 75
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 17.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: