Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by Christina R.
- 3 cups almonds (or your favorite nuts)
- 1 egg white
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking tray or cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. You can also use non-stick aluminum foil.
- Lightly beat the egg white in a bowl. Add almonds and toss until well coated.
- In a separate bowl, mix Splenda and cinnamon. Add Splenda/cinnamon mixture to almonds and coat well.
- Spread nuts on the baking tray and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully separate nuts by hand as they may be clumped together. Delicious right out of the oven or put on wax paper to cool! Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is fabulous!! I have made it lots of times, given it as gifts, and everyone enjoys it. It has a very subtle sweetness that seems to please everyone, especially when you tell them how healthy they are! Rather than fool with separating an egg, I usually just use a whole egg for convenience. I have also uses egg substitute successfully. I have used pecans and walnuts with the almonds as well for variation. I like to keep serving size bags of these in my purse and coat pockets for those moments where I find myself on the go and hungry. I have dissuaded myself from many fast food drive-thru's with these babies. Enjoy and share this one!!!
This was very fast and easy. It tasted nearly as good as the "sugar" version! I used 1 pound of almonds-which was almost 4 cups. It worked just fine.