Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These were the hit of the office today! Everyone, including DS, declared them the BEST! I need to be inspired more often!
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat butter and sugars until light.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, soda, salt and spices.
- Add to other mixture.
- Stir in oats and cinnamon chips.
- Bake 8-9 minutes for a chewy cookie, 10-11 for a crisp cookie.
- Cool before removing from baking sheet.
The 375 oven temp for these cookies was too hot. The first batch was close to being burned on the bottom after 8 minutes and I baked them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. I lowered the temp to 350 and baked the remaining cookies for 8 minutes and they came out perfectly baked. The cookies have a nice cinnamon flavor, but they were not really anything special. Due to the cost for the amount of butter used and the cinnamon chips, I won't make these again as they are too expensive.