Recipe by mostrah
These were the hit of the office today! Everyone, including DS, declared them the BEST! I need to be inspired more often!
Top Review by LainieBug
The 375 oven temp for these cookies was too hot. The first batch was close to being burned on the bottom after 8 minutes and I baked them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. I lowered the temp to 350 and baked the remaining cookies for 8 minutes and they came out perfectly baked. The cookies have a nice cinnamon flavor, but they were not really anything special. Due to the cost for the amount of butter used and the cinnamon chips, I won't make these again as they are too expensive.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 (10 ounce) package cinnamon baking chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat butter and sugars until light.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, soda, salt and spices.
- Add to other mixture.
- Stir in oats and cinnamon chips.
- Bake 8-9 minutes for a chewy cookie, 10-11 for a crisp cookie.
- Cool before removing from baking sheet.