Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Once a month, our mortgage company sends out a postcard with a recipe on it (weird, I know). This recipe was in our mailbox yesterday. Sounds perfect for a wintery day!
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 ounces white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 cups strong fresh brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream
- Combine milk and cinnamon sticks in saucepan over low heat; bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and whisk until metled.
- Then cover and let stand for 10 minutes to allow flavors to strengthen and blend.
- Bring milk mixture to simmer and add coffee, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Strain and pour into mugs.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon or chocolate shavings (optional).
Delicious! I'm a fan of cinnamon, so I knew I would enjoy this. It was hard to wait the ten minutes while it steeped. Totally worth the wait. I think next time I'll either halve or leave out the brown sugar. I don't drink my coffee sweetened so it was a little too sweet for me. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I know I'll be making this again.
Excellent mocha coffee!!! I made this for 1 serving and used 2% milk and left out the brown sugar, tasted the coffee and it was sweet enough with just the chocolates, then finished it off with whipped cream. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for "Best of 2010" Tag Game.
WOW - that was one of the best mocha coffees I ever had!! Like Mom2Rose I can only say: Can't wait to make it again! Thanks for sharing! Made for Comfort Cafe Snowqueen's Round 2010.