Recipe by MackinacBride
Once a month, our mortgage company sends out a postcard with a recipe on it (weird, I know). This recipe was in our mailbox yesterday. Sounds perfect for a wintery day!
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Delicious! I'm a fan of cinnamon, so I knew I would enjoy this. It was hard to wait the ten minutes while it steeped. Totally worth the wait. I think next time I'll either halve or leave out the brown sugar. I don't drink my coffee sweetened so it was a little too sweet for me. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I know I'll be making this again.
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 ounces white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 cups strong fresh brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk and cinnamon sticks in saucepan over low heat; bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and whisk until metled.
- Then cover and let stand for 10 minutes to allow flavors to strengthen and blend.
- Bring milk mixture to simmer and add coffee, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Strain and pour into mugs.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon or chocolate shavings (optional).