From Prevention magazine booklet, "Anti-Aging Nutrients", this is very good! Fresh, healthy, and easy! Cooking time is sitting time.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or 2 tablespoons pear juice
- 2 tablespoons currants or 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped dried pear half
- 2 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry (or try different fruits)
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, milk, apple juice or pear juice and currants or raisins.
- Stir in 1/2 tbls.
- of the honey.
- Set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the pears and hazelnuts.
- Divide between 2 cereal bowls.
- In a cup, combine the yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Add the remaining 1 tbls.
- Spoon over the muesli.
- Top with the blueberries and strawberries.
- Serves 2.
I loved this! This was easy to make, and a delicious start to my day. I used blueberries and raspberries since I had these on hand. Thanks for sharing!
This is a very good muesli which DD (toddler) and I enjoyed. I loved the cardamom flavour in it. I always soak my muesli for less time than overnight! I used a few whole fresh cardamom seeds straight out of the pod as I was lazy to grind them. I made homemade almond milk to replace the skim milk as we do not buy milks. I used apple juice, currants, creamed honey, no dried pear as I didn't have any on hand so I just left it out, walnuts in place of hazelnuts for the same reason, Balkan (thick) yogurt, halal vanilla paste, plus the rest of the ingredients. I may make this again and I'd like to try it with the hazelnuts. Made for ZWT7 Switzerland, for my team Food.Commandos
This was an absolutely wonderful muesli, well worth the prep time! The "sauce" and berries over the softened oats is just divine. Usually I soak my muesli overnight, but an hour worked just as well. I mixed it up, did my yoga, and then came up for breakfast-perfect! I used currants and golden raisins, and 3 fresh dates as I didn't have pears. I subbed agave nectar for honey, and only 1/2 Tbsp in the sauce since I used sweetened strawberry (soy) yogurt. Finally, to top it off I had defrosted blueberries and raspberries. I can already see this on the menu next weekend! Thank you so much!