Recipe by Karen=^..^=
YUMMY and EASY! Kids and adults love it :) I don't remember where I got this recipe...I just have it written on an index card, but it has been requested of me many times. Makes 2 - 9 inch cakes, so there is enough to go around!
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
I made this for breakfast a couple days ago. I put the coffee on first thing when I got up, then slapped it together. The coffee was just finishing when I popped it in the oven. Made my husband's thermos, poured my first cup, put on another pot of coffee, then packed hubby's lunch. The "FLOP" was just ready to come out of the oven when I finished the lunch and got my husband up. He and I ate it warm out of the oven (he even wanted a piece added to his lunchbox), and the girls ate it room temperature when they got up. The family wiped it out entirely. Thumbs up from all of them!!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 cup flour (approx)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (approx)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (approx)
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter, cut up into small chunks (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease well two 9" round pans.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add melted butter and milk and stir until well blended.
- Divide mixture evenly into two prepared pans.
- Sprinkle tops evenly with flour, then brown sugar, then cinnamon.
- Push chunks of butter evenly spaced into dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes and cool slightly.
- Cut and serve right out of pans.