Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 3⁄4-6 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened, not margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, cinnamon and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add about half the powdered sugar and beat until mixed well. Then gradually add the remaining powdered sugar until you reach a spreading consistency.
Delicious! I halved the recipe, and it still made quite a lot! I also ended up having to add a tad bit of milk because I didn't really measure the confectioners sugar and I think I added a bit too much. But the milk softened it up just enough. I made it to use as a spread on pumpkin cream cheese bread, a recipe I also found on this site. I'm taking it to our 4th of july picnic today. Of course I had my husband sample it, and he was sad that he had to wait until the picnic to eat more! :)
I made a carrot cake and this sounded perfect for the frosting, and indeed it was!
I made this recipe using NeufchÃ¢tel cheese and it was like a previous reviewer stated, not firm. BUT it did not take away from the delicious taste! I used 5 cups of powdered sugar but everything else was the same. It was PERFECT for my applesauce spice cake! Mmmmm!