Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup toasted ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups cinnamon baking chips, divided
- Beat butter and cream cheese in large bowl until well blended; stir in flour, sugar and almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Divided dough into 4 equal parts.
- Shape each part into 12 smooth balls.
- Place each ball in small muffin cup (about 1 3/4 inch diameter); press evenly on bottom and up sides of each cup.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat eggs in small bowl.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Place about 7 cinnamon chips in each dough cup and fill about 3/4 full with egg/milk mixture.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until tops are puffed and just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Cool 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle about 15 chips on top of the filling.
- Cool completely in pan or on wire rack.
These are very good. They aren't too difficult either. I love the flavor of the dough and the sweet filling is very nice. I like that you put the number of chips and not a measurement. It's a bit of a pain to measure out some things, such as baking chips. I will be making these again later this month for a ladies bible study. Made and Reviewed for 123 Hit Wonders - Thanks! :)
These are wonderful! My mom used to make these every year around CHRISTmas; she found the recipe from a Hershey baking book, and they were my favorites! They do take some work, but it's definitely worth the time and effort. :) I made up the dough, let it chill, and then divided it up the night before I wanted to make them. If I had made everything all at once, I would have been too overwhelmed, so spreading the work out over two days really helped. Also, I used recipe #14062 and it worked wonderfully.
oh yum, these are good, I made as stated and I think I will give them a go using mini chocolate chips in place of the cinnamon, I chilled the cream cheese dough much longer as stated I think it needed more time to firm up, I am going to save this recipe for my xmas cookie tray, they are very good, thanks for sharing Kim!