Recipe by Charmed
This cinnamon-flavored chicken is unique, and very good. The chicken and the sauce bake up dark, brown and rich. From The Two Tamales. Time does not include marinating.
Top Review by ~Bliss~
This was excellent. I will probably cook the sauce down a little to bring more of the cinnamon flavor out, but it was really good. The lemon juice cut down on the sweetness from both the honey and cinnamon, and quenched my desire for cinnamon. Charmed, this is absolutely a keeper.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken pieces (with or without skin)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the sherry, cinnamon, honey, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken, toss to evenly coat, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Reserving the marinade, remove the chicken, shaking off the excess back into the bowl.
- Pour marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil, boiling until it begins to thicken and about 1 cup remains, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken on both sides until well-browned.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and pour the reduced marinade evenly over the chicken.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until cooked through.