Recipe by litldarlin
This cake is wonderful, so easy to make and you won't have any leftovers for the next time you want to snack.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the first four ingredients together.
- Cream butter until softened.
- Add sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy.
- Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
- Add to creamed mixture and beat well.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients in thirds and the milk in halves to creamed mixture.
- Turn batter into 2 well-greased 8 inch round layer cake pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees about 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite ice cream.