Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
These are just delicious!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend sugars with a mixer. Add butter and mix.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and blend just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in combination of remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove immediately from pan and cool.
This is a fairly simple, soft biscuit with a slight crisp to the outside. I did put a teaspoon of cinnamon in the batter too and I think next time I'd put more as I found them a bit plain, but they're nice with a cup of tea. Thanks Charmie!
As written the recipe does not work. The dough was too wet and sticky. Perhaps more flour is needed. If Charmie could rework and rewrite that would be great!
I could not wait to post this recipe, but I see you beat me to it! :) I would give these cookies 10 stars if possible. Both of my children beg for these, and they are always the first to go!