Portuguese Cinnamon Butter Cookies (Raivas)
Fun and yummy cookies!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Line cookie sheets with parchment or foil.
- Set racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Stir the flour and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer that has a paddle attachment until soft and light, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating smooth after each addition.
- By hand, use a rubber spatula to stir in the flour mixture.
- Scape the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and fold the dough over onto itself 2 or 3 times until it's smooth.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder and divide it into 6 equal pieces.
- Cut each of the 6 pieces of dough in half, then in half again, making 24 pieces of dough in total.
- Roll one piece of dough into a rope about 20 inches long and join the ends to make it a circle.
- Place the circle on one of the prepared pans and puch into a frown or inch worm shape(still with space in the middle), then just push the dough in at random spots making an irregular shape to crinkle it.
- Continue with the remaining pieces of dough, placing 9 on each pan.
- Bake the raivas until they are slightly puffed, deep golden, and firm when pressed with a fingertip, about 12-15 minutes.(Change the position of pand from upper to lower rack at least once during baking).
- Slide the papers from the pans to racks, to cool the cookies.
- Store in a container for up to a week.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION