Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not a yeast roll like most, has more in common with a biscuit dough. The dough is nice and flaky and the buttermilk gives it great flavor. I sometimes do half brown sugar, half white. You can also add some orange peel to it, or mix some orange marmalade with the butter.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Combine first four ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Stir in vegetable oil, then buttermilk until just blended. Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth, then roll out into a 15 x 8 inch rectangle. Spread butter over the dough.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over the dough/butter.
- Roll the rectangle, starting from the long side. Roll all the way and pinch the seam so it will hold together.
- Cut into 1 and 1/2 inch slices. Arrange the biscuits in a greased 9 inch round cake pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.