Recipe by The Daycare Lady
“I love to bake, so I cut this apple dessert down to serve just us with delectable results,” writes Linda Nealley of Newburgh, Maine. From Quick Cooking 2009
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 -3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large apple, peeled and quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 10-in. square; brush with 1 tablespoon butter. Fold into thirds. Roll into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle; cut lengthwise into four strips. Brush with butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half over the strips. Place an apple wedge on each; wrap pastry around apple. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Place wraps on prepared pan. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.