Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Low fat and good for you even! From runner's world. Due to a review, a smaller size pan might be easier to use or it might be worth adding 2 apples and dash/guesstimate of everything else for the 13x9 pan. Top it with vanilla ice cream to end the meal the right way!
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 apples, thinly sliced and tossed with the lemon juice
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and add the apples.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Drizzle with the apple juice, honey, and oil. combine well and sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake until the apples are hot and tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Top with vanilla ice cream or your pleasure.
Excellent! The only thing I'd do differently is sprinkle the apples with a little cinnamon for added flavour.... but then again I love cinnamon!
This was pretty good, I baked mine in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish, I do think a 13x9 dish would have been way too large for this recipe. I used all whole wheat flour, next time I might give it a try using white flour. We enjoyed this for dessert with a rib dinner tonight topped of with ice cream. thanks for sharing Topher!...Kitten:)