Recipe by Kree
Another wonderful recipe I found while browsing through my mother's recipe box! This can be made ahead and frozen!
Top Review by LAURIE
Kree this is very good, great apple taste and rich tasting. I used whatever apples I had left, it was a mix, apple juice for the OJ and I added some cinnamon to the flour when I dusted the pan. When I came out of the pan I brushed it with some melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.....YUMMY....this is a great "Fall" recipes when the apples are in season!! TY
- 6 -8 medium apples
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (any fruit juice may be used)
- 1 cup oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour tube pan.
- Peel apples and cut into thin slices.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat eggs and orange juice by hand.
- Continue to beat by hand while adding oil and 1 3/4 cups sugar.
- Add vanilla, baking powder, and flour, mixing well.
- Layer batter, apples, batter, and remaining apples in tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.