Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
From 2000 Taste of Home Annual Recipes.
- 354.88 ml egg whites (about 12 eggs)
- 7.39 ml cream of tartar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 354.88 ml confectioners' sugar
- 236.59 ml cake flour
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 44.37-59.16 ml apple juice (or cider)
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg white,cream of tartar and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 2 Tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition; beat until smooth and glossy and stiff peaks form. Add extracts on low speed. Combine 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar and flour; gently fold into egg mixture. Pour into an ungreased 10-in tube pan. Bake on the lowest rack at 375 degrees for 35-40 mins or until top crust is golden brown and cracks feel dry. Immediately invert cake in pan to cool completely. Loosen saides of cake from pan and remove. For glaze, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in the 2 cups confectiorners' sugar and cinnamon. Add apple juice alowly until glaze is thin enough to dizzle. Drizzle over cake.