Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
A nice plain cake to enjoy anyday. This recipe uses a purchased blended self-raising gluten-free flour- I like to use Orgran brand
- 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 170 g butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 8 teaspoons water (2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated apple
- Preheat your oven to 160°C
- Grease well and line a 22cm round cake pan.
- Sift the gf self-raising flour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter with the caster sugar, until light and creamy.
- Add the vanilla essence and the cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Lightly fold in the flour, yogurt and water.
- Grate the apple and then fold it lightly into the cake mixture.
- Bake in the cake pan for 50 -55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- NOTE: Check how the cake is baking at about 40 minutes baking time and if it is browning too much before cooking through- lightly cover with foil and continue baking.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.