1 hr 15 mins
A nice plain cake to enjoy anyday. This recipe uses a purchased blended self-raising gluten-free flour- I like to use Orgran brand
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 160°C
- 2Grease well and line a 22cm round cake pan.
- 3Sift the gf self-raising flour into a large bowl and set aside.
- 4Beat the butter with the caster sugar, until light and creamy.
- 5Add the vanilla essence and the cinnamon. Mix well.
- 6Add the eggs and beat well.
- 7Lightly fold in the flour, yogurt and water.
- 8Grate the apple and then fold it lightly into the cake mixture.
- 9Bake in the cake pan for 50 -55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 10NOTE: Check how the cake is baking at about 40 minutes baking time and if it is browning too much before cooking through- lightly cover with foil and continue baking.
- 11Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
- 12Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon and Apple Cake (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 123.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free self-raising flour