Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are soft, chewy, and melt-in-your-mouth good!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, shortening, and 1-1/2 cups sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 T. sugar with cinnamon.
- Roll small balls of dough in mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet, and press down on dough with the bottom of a cup, lightly greased, to flatten them.
- Bake 6-1/2 minutes.
- Let stand on cookie sheet several minutes before removing from pan.
Pretty good Snickerdoodle. Not very soft though. We still liked them! Thanks Chellerific!