Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came from my sister... via the MSN Messenger as I was asking her for some possible easy to cook yet nice soup...
- condensed chicken broth
- 1⁄2 a pumpkin, about 300 g
- 250 g chicken breasts
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 slice ginger
- salt and pepper
- sesame oil
- Peel pumpkin and cut into 2cm squares, taking care to slice them thin.
- Cube the chicken breasts.
- Marinate with a dash of sesame oil and cornflour.
- Add an egg white into the chicken mixture.
- start the soup.
- In a large saucepan, brown slice of ginger lightly.
- Add chicken chunks and fry over high heat to seal the juices but do not brown.
- Add the pumpkin pcs, 4 cups of water and 2 large tablespoons of Concentrated Chicken Stock.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, or till pumkin is soft and sweet.
- Just before serving, put in green peas, turn heat up to rolling boil, and then remove from fire.