Domestic Goddess's Note:
A really delicious tasting lasagna that was prepared in a slow-cooker rather than baked in the oven. (I cooked this lasagna in a West Bend 6-quart rectangular slow-cooker, that comes with a heating plate.) Also, you can use both regular uncooked lasagna noodles, or no-boil lasagna noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mrs. dash sodium-free seasoning (Table Blend)
- ground black pepper, sprinkle on desired amount
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can hunts traditional style spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (12 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (reserving 1/2 cup)
- 9 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 1In a 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain off fat.
- 2Add salt, Mrs. Dash, black pepper, spaghetti sauce and tomato paste; cook until heated through.
- 3In a medium-size bowl, mix together cottage cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, and 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. (Cheese mixture will be thick).
- 4Be sure to reserve 1/2 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, for sprinkling on top the final layer of meat sauce.
- 5Grease the inside of a 6-quart rectangular slow-cooker.
- 6Spoon 1/4 of the meat sauce in bottom of slow-cooker.
- 7Arrange 3 (uncooked) lasagna noodles, over meat sauce (over lapping just a bit).
- 8Spoon 1/3 of cheese mixture, over the uncooked lasagna noodles.
- 9Repeat layers twice, with meat sauce, noodles, and cheese mixture.
- 10Top with remaining meat sauce.
- 11Sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- 12Cover, and cook on low setting (NO. 3) for 4 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cindi's Slow-Cooker Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.0
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.2 mg
- Sodium 1216.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 36.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese