Prep 45 mins
Cook 9 mins
I love making these cute cookies. It's a great way to get rid of all those extra candy canes the kids end up having too many of.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup candy cane, finely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Mix the finely crushed candy cane and the sugar together.Set aside.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together.
- Split dough into equal portions.
- Mix one portion of the dough with the red food coloring.
- Refrigerate the dough long enough to be able to easily work with it.
- Break off one piece (approximately 1 teaspoon of each color) and roll by hand into 4 to 5 inch tubes.
- Twist the two colors together and bend forming a candy cane.
- Sprinkle the top with the candy cane/sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 F for 6-9 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Be careful when removing from the cookie sheet, they will break easily.
AWESOME cookies- came out perfect - thank you so much!