Green chilies and taco seasoning add the piquant flavor but it is the lemon-lime carbonated beverage that adds the sweetness to these chicken wings. A Pillsbury Bake-Off® finalist recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings, cut apart at joints, wing tips discarded
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced including tops (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (12 ounce) cans carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can old el paso chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package old el paso taco seasoning mix
- 10 lettuce leaves, if desired
- 1In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add chicken wings and onions; sprinkle with pepper flakes. Cook uncovered 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned; drain.
- 3Stir in carbonated beverage, green chiles and taco seasoning mix. Increase heat to high; cook uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken wings are completely glazed, small amount of glaze remains in skillet and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (180°F).
- 5To serve, line serving plate with lettuce; arrange chicken wings over lettuce. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinco De Mayo Glazed Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.3
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 194.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 42.9 g