Serve with tortilla chips--yellow or blue. Make this one ahead of time to give the flavors time to mingle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups corn kernels (either fresh cut or frozen and thawed)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese (or Pepper Jack cheese)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Let the butter melt in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add in the green onions and garlic; stir/saute for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- 3Add in the chiles, bell pepper, cumin, and chili powder; cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly (so the spices do not burn).
- 4Add in the soup and corn; stir to blend.
- 5Bring mixture to a boil; remove pan from heat.
- 6Add in cheeses and sour cream; stir until melted.
- 7Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinco De Mayo Corn Dip
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.0
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 614.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 10.0 g