Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Serve with tortilla chips--yellow or blue. Make this one ahead of time to give the flavors time to mingle.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups corn kernels (either fresh cut or frozen and thawed)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese (or Pepper Jack cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Let the butter melt in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the green onions and garlic; stir/saute for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add in the chiles, bell pepper, cumin, and chili powder; cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly (so the spices do not burn).
- Add in the soup and corn; stir to blend.
- Bring mixture to a boil; remove pan from heat.
- Add in cheeses and sour cream; stir until melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.