Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful dip for chips or an add on to tacos or other Mexican meals. I remember my friend's father always making this dip in high school and I recently attempted it with slight variations.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies (I prefer rotel or target generic brand)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped onion
- 3 -4 cups fresh cilantro
- Pour one can's entire contents in a blender.
- Drain the liquid from the second can and add the rest of the contents into blender.
- Chop garlic cloves and add to blender.
- Chop onions and add to blender.
- Chop cilantro and add to blender.
- It is not necessary to finely chop any of the above as the blender will do the rest of the work for you.
- Blend on low until all ingredients have been mixed. Approximately 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add one to two teaspoons of salt according to your personal tastes.
excellent recipe. this is an old tex-mex favorite that i first had in the 80's. i also add a dash of worcestershire sauce, lime juice, and jalepenos.