1/1 Photo of Cilantro Rice
Izzy Knight's Note:
I found this recipe on smartsource.dom and revised it. It is unbelievably good; it's packed with flavour. If you are a cilantro lover, this is something you can't miss.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups white rice (Japanese best)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (mild)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup lightly packed chopped cilantro
- 1In a large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 2Add onion and cook 2 minutes.
- 3Add jalapeno and garlic, cook 2 to 3 minutes, until onion is soft and beginning to color.
- 4Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until grains turn translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5Pour in broth and 1 can water and bring to a boil.
- 6Stir in chiles and salt.
- 7Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 15 to 17 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 8Stir in cilantro just before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Rice
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 201.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth