Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing tasting combination that leaves your mouth full of flavor. Spicy, but not in a 'set your mouth on fire' kind of way. Extra salsa is great with chips!
- 1 lime
- 1 purple onion
- 3 large tomatoes or 5 medium tomatoes
- 1 hungarian wax chile
- 2 serrano peppers
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 fluid ounce tequila
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Finely dice onion and tomatoes (use food processor if necessary).
- Zest lime into separate bowl.
- Add lime juice to onion and tomato mix.
- Chop peppers into small pieces, leaving in veins and seeds for hotness.
- Melt butter in frying pan. Add chicken and a pinch of cilantro.
- Mix remaining cilantro into salsa.
- Add tequila to pan. As chicken browns, add lime zest to pan and stir.
- Serve chicken. Spoon salsa on top.