Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I threw this together...tryin' to get into switchin' things up. I thought they were amazing and so did my family! They are very easy to whip together as well.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk (more or less depending on consistency)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, Chopped
- 1. Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together.
- 2. Add the shortening, and cut in until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3. Stir in the buttermilk.
- 4. Add in remaining ingredients. (Cheese, Onions, Garlic, & Cilantro).
- 5. Preheat oven to 425°, drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- 6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Excellent foil for hot, spicy chili! All my favorite flavors in one place! Very easy to make.
These biscuits are OUTSTANDING!!!! They are soft and yummy with a lovely crunch to the crust. Mmm, the garlic, cheddar, cilantro taste is very good with all the different flavours blending together nicely! I made half the recipe using whole spelt flour in place of the ap and ended up with 7 chunky bikkies. The only other change I made was to leave out the salt as the cheddar was quite salty itself. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this great creation of yours with us, Crazycookingmama! Ill surely make it again! Made and reviewed for WTTM Tag Game July 2010.