Cheesy Drop Biscuits
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or more if you like it more garlic)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- additional parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl shift together the first 5 ingredients then.
- Add both cheeses.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients just until moist.
- Drop about 1/4 cup full of batter on to a greased baking sheet. (Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired).
- Bake at 450°F for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm (taste best that way) Refrigerate any left-over biscuits.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I gave this recipe three chances, thinking it was user error the first two times (I was doubling and thought I missed an ingredient somewhere). I gave it a shot again after the first two because of the reviews posted here and again they were bland and dry. I followed the recipe exactly as written. DH, who eats anything, didn't care for them either. Sorry... can't try these again.