Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A glaze of seasonal apple cider complements an amazingly simple dish. Perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas, highlighting fresh, local ingredients.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed (about 40 large sprouts)
- 2 large red onions, cut in large chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups apple cider
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a baking sheet, toss Brussels sprouts and onions with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until sprouts are tender and starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, place the cider in a medium-sized saucepan, and simmer on medium, until reduced to approximately 1 cup.
- When sprouts are finished, remove from oven, place in a serving dish and toss with cider.
- Serve warm.