1/2 Photos of Cider Braised Pork Chops With Heaven and Earth
1 hr 10 mins
Jana Steinhagen's Note:
Cider a traditional British drink and Heaven and Earth a dish from my home in germany (Himmel und Erde) are making a match made in um well Europe?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the Chops of excess Fat and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Brown them well in a little goose fat and remove from the pan.
- 3Peel and quarter the onion and slice the garlic.
- 4Add this to the Pan and brown a little.
- 5Then deglace with the cider and return the chops to the Pan.
- 6Cover and Braise for about an hour until the chops are cooked through.
- 7About half way through add the thyme leaves.
- 8For the Himmel und Erde: Peel and Quarter the Potatos and bring to the boil in cold salted Water.
- 9Once its boiling turn down the heat and after 10 minutes add the peeled, cored and quartered Apple.
- 10Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 11Then mash the Potatos and Apple.
- 12Season and enrich with a knob of butter.
- 13Serve the Chops with some of the braising liquid as gravy.
- 14Goes well with Leeks and Carrots on the side.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cider Braised Pork Chops With Heaven and Earth
Serving Size: 1 (620 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.5
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 96.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: