Recipe by mer@
This is a recipe I've made many times for parties and family gatherings, and shared many times, because someone always asks for the recipe. This was in Taste of Home in 1999, posted by Michelle Grigsby,Beavercreek, Ohio. I often make them the day before or the morning of the big gathering and pop them in the oven right before serving.
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water.
- Cover and bring to boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain well.
- In a mixing bowl, mash potatoes and garlic with cream cheese and butter or margarine.
- Add sour cream, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, garlic salt, onion salt and spinach.
- Stir just until mixed.
- Turn into greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.