This recipe was a big hit with my toughest critics, my in-laws. I am always in charge of making the dessert for family gatherings and I needed something new for this year's Fourth of July. So with some creativity and good fortune I came up with Strawberry Dreams. The red, white & blue finish is enticing to the eye and even more pleasing to the taste. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries (medium to large work best)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, adjust according to your sweet tooth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of grated semisweet chocolate, looks pretty in the cream (optional)
- Wash strawberries.
- Cut out small hole/core in tops of strawberries (This hole is where the cream will sit).
- Blend cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar& extract (s) in a bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Fold 2 tbsp of grated chocolate into cream mixture (optional).
- Spoon mixture into a decorating bag with decorating tip of your choice (If you don't have decorating bags lying around, you can make do by using a large zip lock bag- Just cut a very small piece off one of the bottom corners to use as the decorating tip).
- Squeeze the cream mixture into the holes/cores of the strawberries.
- Finally, top each strawberry off with a blueberry.
- Best if chilled for at least an hour before serving (while everyone is eating the main course is fine).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was fantastic! The endless things you can do with this recipe in awesome. I made one batch as directed, but I didn't have blueberries so I used blackberries (picture posted). But also really good with coco powder in the cream mixture and extra icing sugar to sweeten a bit more, then drizzle with melted chocolate or even dipped if you prefer to leave a surprise for your guests =)Reply
I made this quick, easy and fabulous treat for my 12 year old niece's birthday. Her friends thought they were the coolest thing and they devoured them in no time flat. Adults really liked them, as well. This is such an easy to prepare recipe that it could be done for any occassion, but is "fancy" enough that it could be used for an upscale occassion, too. ThanksReply