Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this Mediterranean salad with a crusty bread and you have a wonderful lunch.
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted halved
- 1 cup canned artichoke heart, quarterd
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Combine tomatoes, artichokes, olives onions and cheese in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle on the basil,olive oil and lemon juice; toss to blend well.
- Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
I added capers, sun-dried tomatoes & balsamic vinegar, and put it all into a bowl of pasta for a garden pasta salad. I used homegrown tomatoes, basil, and a red bell pepper, which made this meal much more rewarding!
Perfectly delicious! I made as posted except the grocery store did not have basil (no surprise there) so I used dried basil instead. Thank you Sage/Rita for sharing. Made for ZWT4 for the Flying Dutchess'.
This was a great Summer salad, this being the first weekend of Summer and all :) Very fresh tasting, loved the basil and tomatoes, thanks for sharing this. Made this for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs.