Chunky Garden Tomato Salad
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 3 large garden tomatoes, homegrown, cut into large dice
- 1 vidalia onion, diced large
- 1 medium cucumber, cut lengthwise then cut into large dice
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, toss together the diced tomatoes, cucimbers, onion and chopped basil; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, dill weed and sugar.
- Pour the dressing over veggie mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Chill before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh my ~ I could eat the whole bowl myself, LOL! My cherry tomatoes went berserk and I have scads of them so after picking today, I decided to make this recipe with them. I halved them (about 1 pint) and added them with my basil from my herb garden and a cuke from the farmer's market. I left out the onion just because of personal preference. I made the dressing as posted and when I snuck a taste before putting it in the fridge, I wanted to eat the whole salad right then and there! This is going to be made often every year ~ thanks so much for posting!!!