Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Adapted From the 'new' diabetic cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup dried split peas
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1⁄8 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ham shank
- Wash and rinse split peas and put into pot.
- Add Chicken Broth and ham,simmer 1 1/2 hours, making sure to stir frequently.
- Add Vegetables to split peas, cover and simmer 2 Hours.
- Stir Frequently.
- Add Margarine and seasonions to soup, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.