Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These easy-to-make cookies are lowfat, low calorie, filling and quite tasty!! This is a moist, drop type cookie.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute or 1⁄2 cup real sugar (if you prefer)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 1⁄4 cups oats
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup flax seed
- 2⁄3 cup chopped or whole pecans
- Mix apple sauce, brown sugar, molasses, Splenda (or real sugar) and vanilla.
- Beat egg separately and add to sugar mixture.
- Blend well.
- In a separate bowl combine all remaining dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, oats, raisins, flax seed and pecans.
- Mix well.
- Combine the wet mixture with the dry mixture and blend well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven@ 350F for 10 minutes.
These were very tasty, filling, and healthy! I used whole wheat pastry flour for the flour and substituted butterscotch chips for the raisins (yes, I know that lessens the health, but it sure makes the cookies tasty). I used ground flax seed rather than whole flax seed. I also used real sugar rather than Splenda. These actually look and taste like normal cookies. I wouldn't ever guess they didn't have butter.