Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I don't like most spaghetti sauce. It's too sweet and too thin for my tastes. This is my own recipe. It's not designed to go in the spaghetti. It's served on the side at the table, that way you can have as much or as little as you want.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons pizza seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- Brown ground beef.
- Remove from pan.
- Saute onion and green pepper in drippings (you can add olive oil if the beef is too dry).
- When the onion is translucent, add beef back to pan.
- Season with pizza seasoning and garlics. Add tomato paste and mix thoroughly. If needed, add 1 tbsp water to thin out.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes in order to blend flavors.
This is wonderful!!! It's nice and thick, and really isn't too sweet. It's nice and hearty, wonderful on a cold winter night with a piece of crusty french bread.