I love chili, and fall is here, even though it's still hot (lol), so I looked around for some recipes, but I couldn't quite find the spices that I wanted in it. So I meshed some together and got this. It is so good, put some tortilla chips on the bottom of the bowl, some chili and top with some cheddar cheese and some sour cream. It's a def. a comfort food. And, as with most comfort foods, it always tastes better the next day. :) Add or subtract the cayenne for your own tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Spice Mixture Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 carrots (chopped rustic)
- 2 celery ribs (chopped rustic)
- 1 green pepper (chopped rustic)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste (roasted garlic flavor)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons spices (above)
- salt (optional)
- 1Make spice mixture, set aside.
- 2Chop carrots, celery, and green peppers.
- 3Add oil, vegetables, and ground beef to a deep soup pan.
- 4Cook until meat is no longer pink (stir every once and awhile).
- 5Add corn, beans, tomatoes, paste, sauce, spice mixture, and salt (if desired).
- 6Stir and turn to low.
- 7Simmer for about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Southwestern Chili
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 875.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: