Recipe by Epi Curious
from the book, "At Blanchard's Table"...Blanchard's is a fantastic restaurant on the island of Anguilla and it was there that I first had this wonderful gazpacho. It was so good, I purchased their cookbook so I could recreate it at home. So fresh and flavorful! I like to serve it with a dollop of sour cream...yum.
- 8 plum tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- fresh dill, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the tomatoes into a food processor and pulse until very coarsely chopped but not pureed. Remove from the bowl and repeat with the pepper and cucumber.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, oil and tomato juice. Add the cayenne, salt, pepper and chopped dill to the vinegar mixture. Add the chopped vegetables and minced onion and mix well. Serve very cold, garnished with sprigs of fresh dill.