Recipe by FarahC
This is a tart,sweet sauce. It reminds you of the typical Thanksgiving sauce but a few added delights to go along with it.
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 (12 ounce) bags fresh cranberries or 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 apple, peeled cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan bring water and sugar to a boil.add in crannberries,stir often.Bring to a boil,turn to low,add in your pineapple,apple, vanilla,orange rind,lemon juice, salt and cinnamon.Simmer 10 minutes.Take off heat and pour into serving bowl and chill 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours. This will firm up to a nice thick relish.
- This will keep for up to 2 weeks.