Recipe by Lou
This recipe is from Land O lakes, and they have a winner here for sure. It is downright habit forming! Once you start eating it, you just can't stop! A mixture of dark chocolate, white chocolate, cashews, and pecans that can't be beat.
Top Review by ann.farnsworth
I can't believe I have never rated this recipe! We make these popcorn clusters at least once a month and when I walk in with a big bowl of them to any party I can hardly make it to the table to set it down. Excellent!
Caramel Popcorn Ingredients
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) canwhole cashews (2 cups)
- 1 (5 ounce) bag pecan halves (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (land O lakes)
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 250°F Place popcorn, cashews and pecans in large roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil (7 to 8 minutes). Continue boiling 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda.
- Pour butter mixture over popcorn mixture in pan; stir well. Bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven; place onto waxed paper or parchment paper. Cool completely. (DO NOT BREAK INTO PIECES.).
- Place chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening into resealable plastic food bag. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 30 to 45 seconds; knead bag. Continue microwaving at 15 second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn mixture. Repeat with white baking chips and remaining 1/2 teaspoon shortening, microwaving on MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power). Drizzle over popcorn mixture. Let stand until chocolate is set (3 to 4 hours). Break popcorn mixture into pieces.
- Store in container with tight-fitting lid or resealable plastic food bag.
- Recipe Tip
- Chocolate and white baking chips can be melted separately with shortening in a small bowl in microwave or in small saucepan over low heat until melted. Drizzle chocolate mixtures with fork or spoon.