1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is from Land O lakes, and they have a winner here for sure. It is downright habit forming! Once you start eating it, you just can't stop! A mixture of dark chocolate, white chocolate, cashews, and pecans that can't be beat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Caramel Popcorn Ingredients
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) can whole cashews (2 cups)
- 1 (5 ounce) bag pecan halves (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (land O lakes)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1Heat oven to 250°F Place popcorn, cashews and pecans in large roasting pan.
- 2Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil (7 to 8 minutes). Continue boiling 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda.
- 3Pour butter mixture over popcorn mixture in pan; stir well. Bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven; place onto waxed paper or parchment paper. Cool completely. (DO NOT BREAK INTO PIECES.).
- 4Place chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening into resealable plastic food bag. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 30 to 45 seconds; knead bag. Continue microwaving at 15 second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn mixture. Repeat with white baking chips and remaining 1/2 teaspoon shortening, microwaving on MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power). Drizzle over popcorn mixture. Let stand until chocolate is set (3 to 4 hours). Break popcorn mixture into pieces.
- 5Store in container with tight-fitting lid or resealable plastic food bag.
- 6Recipe Tip
- 7Chocolate and white baking chips can be melted separately with shortening in a small bowl in microwave or in small saucepan over low heat until melted. Drizzle chocolate mixtures with fork or spoon.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Caramel Popcorn Clusters
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 38
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 117.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g