- 20 large tart apples
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and core, and quarter apples.
- Place in a large pot with the 4 cups water.
- Over medium heat bring to a simmer, reduce to medium low and cook until apples are soft, stirring constantly.
- Mash apples until desired consistency is reached.
- Add Sugar, Lemon Juice and spices to taste.
- While stirring bring applesauce to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and ladle into clean hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process for 25 minutes in a boiling water bath.